Thursday, January 15, 2009

I'm baaaaaack!

Retreat was, in a word, AMAZING! If you've never experienced an Assumption retreat then you almost cannot imagine how moving it is, and how much raw emotion and energy it creates in you to be a part of it - even as an adult leader...we are probably the least "involved" of any of them. Anyway, Mary Beth (my boss!) and I were the adult leaders and we had such an inspirational senior leadership team. It makes you feel good about the future to think that girls like this are our future - they are intelligent, kind-hearted, open-minded, independent, confident young women who inspired me, and so I know they also inspired the freshmen girls that they were leading. I have to admit that I cheated and did not actually get any portraits on the first day, Tuesday...both of the pix below were taken on Wednesday, but I'm going to let this little cheater by because I got some other cool photos on the first day, so my photography skills did not go unpracticed! I am off to see Wicked tonight with the women of my family in celebration of my grandma turning 82 at the end of this month - and still as feisty as ever! So, I will have one more photo tonight to add (hopefully of the birthday girl!). But here are my two photos for Tuesday and Wednesday of my amazing senior retreat leaders...enjoy!




No comments: