Saturday, January 10, 2009

Good Catholic Girl

Thanks to Mrs. Kern and the cantoring schedule, I am a good little Catholic girl! I made it to 5:00 mass tonight to sing, and there was apparently some kind of flooding on Christmas Eve, and the poor organ pipes have still not fully recovered. Now if you know Mrs. Kern, you know that she loves nothing more than to whale on those pipes! We were able to do a few songs on the organ, but most of the mass parts on the piano tonight...and I felt a little like I was the one blowing people out of the church with my pipes! At any rate, Mrs. Kern was lovely enough to let me take a few photos of her after mass. She is the sweetest woman, albeit completely scattered, and I love singing with her, and loved having her play for my wedding last year. So, here she is in her element: a good view of the concentration, a shot of the organ and music (notic the scattered thing I mentioned before), and finally a close-up that really shows how much she loves what she does. This poor woman played 5:00 tonight, and she's also doing 7:30 and 12:30 masses tomorrow - sheesh! She and her husband practically live at the church! Here she is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mrs Kern is so sweet! She may live at the church but you can tell she loves it!