Friday, January 9, 2009

Finally Friday!

Well we made it through what seemed like the longest week ever! We made tentative plans with mom and dad to go to the movies tonight...the new Brad Pitt aging backwards into the Greek God that he is movie. Anyway, Mom called about 7:15 to say she and dad were already falling asleep waiting to meet the Cusick's for dinner. So much for family movie night! But David and I were happy to resort to our old standby - snuggling at home in front of the tube...tonight's feature presentation? Strangers! I love a good (or bad) scary movie!
So, my shots for today are of David on the couch, post-workout (he's training for the mini marathon and 3 other races, I think), post-shower, in his comfy clothes, playing online (ogling expensive watches that he doesn't need but doesn't stop him from looking, while I finished a recorded episode of Real Housewives of the O.C. Friday nights are my guilty pleasure nights! At any rate, I'm including two photos of David for tonight - one without the flash and one with the flash...which do you prefer? I think the one without is a bit blurrier, not quite as crisp (though I could bump up the ISO and get a little more, but it would also get grainy)...but I think it has more EMOTION to it. Let me know your preference - leave me a comment! I'd love to get some feedback!!! Until tomorrow...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like both for different reason. The one on the left feels more raw. The one of the right is more crisp.
Try using the flash but lowering your aperture...would that give the same raw effect but keep David in focus? I'm not sure but it might be worth a try.

Oh and I have to recommend the Benjamin Button movie...Bal and I went to see it when we had a free babysitter (his parents) in Indianapolis and really liked it...but it is LONG so be prepared.

Mary Beth said...

Hey La! I absolutely ADORE the one on the left. The color from low-light shots like these is so much richer than anything with a flash. It's next to impossible for me to get these non-blurry, but my camera isn't as nice as yours. I'll have to send Eric your way - he knows more about this. Let's schedule a dinner soon, okay?

I am so proud of you for doing this! I have you bookmarked, and I'll check back. I'm excited about you doing portraits. You know I love those.

Congrats! XOXO mb

Anonymous said...

I like the one on the left, whichever one that was. He looks like i feel after my training today!

Dana said...

I like the photo on the left a bit better. I like the lighting in that one. P.S. Tell David I'm training for the Derby mini-marathon, too!