Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hail to the Chief

Today, we got to watch history being made...our first African-American president, and hopefully not our last! To me, the election of a black president means - most importantly - hope. I see hope for women and minorities that their status in this country truly is changing. I see hope for youth when I watch and listen to the young women in our high school speak intelligently on matters of politics, the economy, and our environment. It's days like today that make me proud to be an American! We were lucky to have a woman come to lead discussion with students after we all watched the inauguration and President Obama's speech...he is an amazing speaker, too! So, here is a photo of the woman who came to facilitate that discussion - processed in two ways, you can decide which you like best - and a photo of some of the girls who took part in the conversation. I like GOOD things in the news for change!




1 comment:

Dress Maker said...

Great USA.They are creativing the new history of the world!God bless you.